Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Information

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Foamy

Foamy

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2009-02-23

The Information Empty
PostSubject: The Information   The Information Icon_minitime6/16/2009, 8:35 pm

For today I'm reviewing The Information by Beck. This is one of his later albums hence it has more use of synth and less harmonica. That isn't a bad thing, it's just what it means, dickface. I ordered the one with all the extra things in it as usual though that may be my folly. Right off the bat I noticed that I'm going to hate opening and closing this thing. This is because instead of having some dual disc set-up type dealy the people in Beck's labratories decided to go with cardboard. So it bends and wrinkles, and ultimately ruins the box. I opened it up and the crap inside was tight as my prices due to there being too much crap, and they didn't think to add a little extra space to the box so you HAVE to put the CDs and whatnot back in the right way or it won't fit. All package issues aside; the CD was what you'd normally expect from Beck, and the remixes were off the chain. My only problems with the CD listing was that 1000BPM contains weak rapping, and most of tracks didn't have a lot of lyrics. Most of them are like 2-3 minutes that leave a lot to be wanted. Problems with the remixes: The Cellphone's Dead mixes were too dry of content like the 14 minute one has about 8 minutes of the same loop of words and beats. A highlight of the remixes would definitely be the Bumblebeez remix of Nausea. The songs good as is, but this remix kicks asses by the fuck-load, plus it contains the word pirate which makes it even better. Overall, I'd give it 4/5 spaceships.

Last edited by Foamy on 6/24/2009, 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Darth Frankus

Darth Frankus

Number of posts : 224

The Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Information   The Information Icon_minitime6/16/2009, 8:40 pm

The fuck is Beck in the first place? This smells of faggotry.
Back to top Go down
Foamy

Foamy

The Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Information   The Information Icon_minitime6/16/2009, 9:28 pm

Darth Frankus wrote:
The fuck is Beck in the first place? This smells of faggotry.
Other then R.E.M everyone you listen to hasn't made an album since you were born. Your opinions on music in here are totally void, and gay.
Back to top Go down
Darth Frankus

Darth Frankus

Number of posts : 224

The Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Information   The Information Icon_minitime6/16/2009, 9:40 pm

NO U
Back to top Go down
Foamy

Foamy

The Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Information   The Information Icon_minitime6/16/2009, 10:06 pm

Darth Frankus wrote:
NO U
FEEL THE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!