Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Metroid Prime: The First!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Foamy

Foamy

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Metroid Prime: The First! Empty
PostSubject: Metroid Prime: The First!   Metroid Prime: The First! Icon_minitime7/8/2009, 5:07 pm

I got this game last year on my expedition to Florida. It surpasses both the NES, SNES, and Gameboy variations of Metroid on graphics by far. There are, however, some things lacking in the gameplay department. It is an FPS, unlike the past installments. Third-person most likely couldn't have been applyed to this due to all the caves and tight spaces, and the idea of a side-scroller on the Gamecube is just unimaginable. The first-person leaves a huge blind spot from behind, which they tried to fix with the mini-map, but the map doesn't tell you the elevation so it's pretty much useless. Finding the items was much more challenging, and the boss fights were sometimes easier. I also liked how they go by percentage instead of time for the ending variations in the Prime series. The only problems that I encountered was the scanning system, figuring out what to do, change of enemies, and the last stage. Now, the scanning system was a new thing to Metroid, and for the most part it was pretty good. But the things you were supposed to scan were these little orange or red squares. It doesn't seem much of a problem, but you had to get really close to scan these things, and spotting them was another daunting task. Figuring out what to do has always been present, but Prime brings it to a whole new level. Most of the huge ass areas only had small importance like the underwaters part on the Tallon Overworld, that was bullshit. This was the first game that I've played where they switch up the enemies. After certain boss fights some area change up their enemies like the Swamp place. They added these "worm" things that are really annoying to kill, plus they come in groups. It made traveling back to get items even more tedious. Neutral And at last the final stage before you fight Prime. That fucking black dildo of a final boss. The final stage is divded into four parts, excluding the two boss fights. First part just a save station (health), and the only way out. Next is a room with a bunch of lizards (small source of health). Next if a room with 2 continuously spawning fusion metroids, and a bunch of small platforms. The Metroids drain your health, and can knock you off of the platforms into the "lava" below. It's a huge pain in the ass. Not to mention there's a boss fight up ahead, and you'll need every unit of health you have. The final room is just a maze of spider-ball tracks. Not too hard. Then the boss room, ah yea. Pretty straight forward, attack him by his color corresponding to your beams. He has these cheap missles that damage you unless you can guess where they'll land. He fucks you up purtty good, then he sheads os something so now he can turn invisible, and such. Still easy if it wasn't for the metroids he makes. What really shocked me was that they didn't put in a "run to X before time runs out" at the end. Thank God. Overall I'd give it 4 Metal Fridleys out of 5. Damn game.
Back to top Go down
Adarg

Adarg

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: The First!   Metroid Prime: The First! Icon_minitime7/8/2009, 7:45 pm

Yay! The return of your mini-reviews!

And Metal Fridley. Ah, the good 'ol days.
Back to top Go down
Peripherals

Peripherals

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: The First!   Metroid Prime: The First! Icon_minitime7/9/2009, 4:41 pm

Adarg wrote:
Yay! The return of your mini-reviews!

And Metal Fridley. Ah, the good 'ol days.
Queerboat Hedgehog.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: The First!   Metroid Prime: The First! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metroid Prime: The First!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Video Games-
Jump to: